- Open Access
Erratum to: Systematic review of diarrhea duration and severity in children and adults in low- and middle-income countries
© Lamberti et al.; licensee BioMed Central Ltd. 2012
- Received: 26 September 2012
- Accepted: 26 September 2012
- Published: 28 September 2012
The original article was published in BMC Public Health 2012 12:276
After the publication of this work , we became aware that we had incorrectly cited the number of diarrhea cases for 2005 among individuals 5–15 years and ≥ 16 years reported by Fischer Walker et al. . We estimate that of the 2.115 billion episodes of diarrhea among individuals ≥ 16 years in 2005 , 2.009 billion episodes were mild (95%); 104.7 million were moderate (4.95%); and 1.1 million were severe (0.05%). Of the estimated 699.2 million diarrhea episodes among children 5–15 years of age in 2005 , an estimated 664.2 million were mild (95%); 34.6 million were moderate (4.95%); and 350,000 were severe (0.05%).
- Lamberti LM, Fischer Walker CL, Black RE: Systematic review of diarrhea duration and severity in children and adults in low- and middle-income countries. BMC Public Health. 2012, 12: 276-10.1186/1471-2458-12-276.View ArticlePubMedPubMed CentralGoogle Scholar
- Fischer-Walker CL, Black RE: Diarrhoea morbidity and mortality in older children, adolescents, and adults. Epidemiol Infect. 2010, 138 (9): 1215-1226. 10.1017/S0950268810000592.View ArticleGoogle Scholar
- The pre-publication history for this paper can be accessed here:http://www.biomedcentral.com/1471-2458/12/832/prepub
This article is published under license to BioMed Central Ltd. This is an Open Access article distributed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution License (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.0), which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.