We are recruiting!
Expanding the Associate Editor team
BMC Public Health is recruiting Associate Editors to join the Editorial Board. As the growth of the journal continues, we must also ensure that it is able to cope with increased submissions whilst maintaining our high editorial standards. Therefore, we are looking to expand our editorial team.
We encourage applications from researchers with a background in a range of subject areas, broadly covered by the below:
- Biostatistics and methods
- Chronic disease epidemiology
- Energy balance-related behaviors
- Environmental health
- Global health
- Health behavior, health promotion and society
- Health policies, systems and management in high-income countries
- Health policies, systems and management in low and middle-income countries
- Infectious disease epidemiology
- Occupational health
BMC Public Health is an open access, peer-reviewed journal that considers articles on the epidemiology of disease and the understanding of all aspects of public health. The journal has a special focus on the social determinants of health, the environmental, behavioral, and occupational correlates of health and disease, and the impact of health policies, practices and interventions on the community.
The journal does not make editorial decisions on the basis of the interest of a study or its likely impact. Studies must be scientifically valid; for research articles this includes a scientifically sound research question, the use of suitable methods and analysis, and following community-agreed standards relevant to the research field.
Who are we looking for?
We are interested in individuals who are committed to open access, data sharing and innovation in scientific publishing.
Our Associate Editors should have a minimum of fifteen research papers published in reputable peer-review journals.
Suitable Associate Editors for BMC Public Health can be described as someone who:
- Supports the journal’s ethos, scope, editorial standards, and policies, and is a committed advocate who will represent BMC Public Health within the scientific community.
- Provides a professional and supportive service to our authors and ensures that manuscripts they are responsible for fulfill the requirements of the journal and are handled efficiently and appropriately through peer-review.
Role and responsibilities
The Associate Editor is primarily responsible for assessing manuscripts for their suitability for peer review, selecting suitable reviewers who meet the journal’s requirements and recommends decisions on the basis of the peer reviewers’ reports and their own assessment while adhering to the journal’s editorial policies.
An Associate Editor for BMC Public Health should be engaged and willing to handle a minimum of two manuscripts per month within their field of expertise.
Our Associate Editors will receive training, and our in-house editorial team will also provide administrative support. The Associate Editor will report to the Editor and Section Editor.
If you are interested in becoming an Associate Editor for BMC Public Health, please send your full academic CV and a short cover letter that details your interest and enthusiasm for the position to BMCSeriesEditorialBoard@biomedcentral.com. Please ensure to include 'BMC Public Health' in the subject line of your email. We look forward to hearing from you.