Skip to main content

Table 3 Generalized ordinal logistic regression result of multiple healthy behaviors by living arrangement

From: Factors associated with different numbers of health behaviors by living arrangements

Variables Living with others (n = 13,599) Living alone (n = 1485)
Numbers of healthy behaviors Numbers of healthy behaviors
0 vs 1,2,3 0,1 vs 2,3 0,1,2 vs 3 0 vs 1,2,3 0,1 vs 2,3 0,1,2 vs 3
Health-related characteristics
 Self-rated health status (ref. Fair)
  Very poor 0.99 (0.62–1.59) 1.42 (1.10–1.84)** 1.21 (0.98–1.50) 1.15 (0.43–3.10) 1.34 (0.79–2.28) 1.20 (0.80–1.82)
  Poor 0.77 (0.62–0.96)* 0.93 (0.82–1.05) 1.13 (1.01–1.27)* 1.40 (0.77–2.55) 0.87 (0.62–1.21) 0.79 (0.57–1.10)
  Good 1.37 (1.14–1.64)** 1.24 (1.12–1.37)*** 1.04 (0.95–1.15) 1.67 (0.92–3.00) 1.16 (0.83–1.63) 0.99 (0.70–1.39)
  Very good 1.20 (0.85–1.68) 1.08 (0.90–1.31) 1.08 (0.88–1.31) 1.69 (0.61–4.70) 2.03 (1.04–3.97)* 1.26 (0.67–2.36)
 BMI (ref. Normal)
  Underweight 0.82 (0.54–1.24) 0.70 (0.56–0.83)*** 0.85 (0.70–1.04) 7.09 (0.93–53.80) 1.10 (0.55–2.22) 0.68 (0.30–1.52)
  Overweight 1.59 (1.35–1.87)*** 1.41 (1.29–1.54)*** 1.37 (1.26–1.49)*** 2.39 (1.42–4.01)** 1.46 (1.11–1.92)** 1.38 (1.07–1.77)*
 Diagnosis of chronic diseasesa (ref. No)
  Yes 1.38 (1.18–1.61)*** 1.25 (1.14–1.36)*** 1.14 (1.04–1.24)** 1.47 (0.92–2.36) 1.22 (0.91–1.64) 1.27 (0.92–1.74)
 Diagnosis of depressiona (ref. No)
  Yes 1.05 (0.63–1.73) 0.94 (0.76–1.18) 1.13 (0.95–1.36) 1.03 (0.42–2.56) 1.55 (0.93–2.57) 1.36 (0.90–2.07)
 Stressa (ref. Low)
  High 0.81 (0.69–0.96)* 0.76 (0.69–0.83)*** 0.82 (0.74–0.90)*** 0.93 (0.56–1.55) 1.00 (0.74–1.34) 0.84 (0.63–1.13)
 Sleep duration per day (ref. 6–8 h)
   ≤ 5 h 1.06 (0.85–1.32) 0.87 (0.77–0.98)* 1.01 (0.90–1.12) 0.70 (0.40–1.20) 0.74 (0.55–0.99)* 0.89 (0.67–1.18)
   ≥ 9 h 0.77 (0.58–1.02) 0.82 (0.70–0.96)* 0.87 (0.74–1.02) 0.96 (0.33–2.84) 1.06 (0.63–1.79) 0.84 (0.52–1.34)
  1. Note: An unweighted sample was used for the generalized ordinal logistic regression. The missing data was less than 5% and non-responses were excluded from the analysis. Values are adjusted odds ratio (95% confidence interval). Numbers in bold indicate significant value
  2. BMI Body mass index
  3. aDichotomized variables
  4. *p < .05, **p < .01, ***p < .001