|Intervention strategy||Description||The Sustainability Framework construct ||Persuasive Systems Design Framework construct |
|Club champion||• Club champions were members of the club executive (president, vice president, treasure, secretary)|
• Club champions primarily engaged with the web-based program on behalf of the club to complete the annual online assessment and action plan.
|Executive support||• Each year, clubs were encouraged to have the alcohol management policy reviewed at the club’s committee meetings by all executive members|
• Results from the club’s annual online assessment and action plan were automatically emailed to club executive members.
|Environmental support Organisational capacity|
|Targeting interactive intervention||• Clubs had access to their own club portal where they could update their club contact details and select current annual online assessment or action plan|
• A tailored action plan was automatically developed based on responses from the annual online assessment
• Links to appropriate options/strategies and resources were available for all required actions
• Clubs were able to adjust the suggested completion dates for generated action items (within reasonable limits)
• Clubs were able to track their own progress by updating the status of action items (not started/in progress/complete).
|Program adaptation||Tunnelling Tailoring/|
|Tailored feedback||• Clubs received tailored feedback both within the web-based program and via email, based on their completion of the annual online assessment and completion of agreed actions.||Program adaptation||Tunnelling Tailoring/personalisation|
|Training and support||• For any user problems help options were available via email or phone.||Organisational capacity||Ease of use/ accessibility|
|Tools and resources||• Printable instructional materials, sample policies and planning templates were available via the web-based program||Organisational capacity||Tailoring/ personalisation|
|Systems and prompts||• Email reminders were sent to: prompt annual online assessment completion and when action plan items due dates are approaching or are overdue.||Environmental support||Reminders and prompts Tailoring/|
|Communication and marketing||• An independent nominee (a community stakeholder) was be sent an email from the program each time their relevant club completed the annual assessment informing them of the club’s progress.||Communication Partnership||Praise|
|Recognition and reward||• Automatic notification and praise via emails were sent to club champions and club executives when the annual online assessment and action plan was complete.|
• E-newsletter acknowledged club progress in comparison to peers.