|1) Needs assessment (Logic model of the problem)||
• Understanding the problem and the factors that influence the problem to create a logic model of the problem.|
• Establishing the overall programme goal.
|2) Developing programme outcomes and performance objectives (Logic model of change)||
• Considering what needs to be achieved to reach the overall programme goal and developing a logic model of change. This involves:|
○ Stating the behavioural and environmental outcomes of the intervention.
○ Specifying the performance objectives to reach the outcomes
○ Selecting appropriate theoretical determinants for the matrices of change
○ Developing matrices of change
|3) Selecting theoretical methods and practical applications (Programme design)||
• Focusing on how the goals, outcomes and objectives can be achieved by:|
○ Generating programme ideas.
○ Selecting theoretical methods
○ Selecting appropriate practical applications
|4) Creating an organised programme plan (Programme production)||• Drawing ideas together to create detailed plans for a coherent intervention including a programme, scope and sequence document and design documents.|