• To investigate the association between possible mediator or moderator indicators (e.g. school connectedness, school burnout, etc.)|
• To include more objective measures of school performance and educational attainment in Health Surveys with children and adolescents.
• Longitudinal studies: To examine trajectories of health and wellbeing throughout the school career in relation to students´ individual school performance and with regard to the class environment where students learn.
• Being aware of the role that class composition plays for students´ wellbeing.|
• Put emphasis on students´ individual strengths rather than on their weaknesses.
• Create a positive learning environment in class and working groups.
• Special support for school-aged children who belong to the low-performers in class (e.g. by special lessons or support in school subjects where children are in need)
• Organize learning groups in class with heterogeneous group compositions in order to allow for interaction and support between students with different backgrounds and levels of school performance.
• To focus not only on students´ educational success in school, but also on students´ overall wellbeing.|
• The intake of students with different levels of educational backgrounds requires the awareness of school principals and teachers to organize school work and classes in heterogeneous and mixed learning groups.