From: Referral from primary care to a physical activity programme: establishing long-term adherence? A randomized controlled trial. Rationale and study design
Includes these exercises
Repetitions per exercisea
Duration of a single exercise or repetition
Duration per 60 minutes class
- Low-intensity aerobics.
2 seconds per repetition
10 minutes minimum
- Increases internal body temperature.
- Injury prevention.
- Aerobic exercises (e.g. walking, swimming, cycling)
- Cardio respiratory endurance.
- Body- weightb exercises.
- Resistance exercises.
6 seconds per repetition
- Muscular strength and endurance.
30–45 seconds per stretch
- Improved flexibility.
- Relaxation techniques.
- Stress-reduction techniques.
- Relaxation, stress reduction.