• Registration at the Izhevsk Narcology Dispensary results in an official record of registration.|
• Circumstances leading to registration include being arrested for an alcohol-related offence, compulsory referral by a doctor at a polyclinic or hospital, or voluntary registration by self, or the family of a patient.
• Many of those who display hazardous drinking behaviours are registered for treatment at the Narcology service at some point.
|Social Security bureau|
• This bureau holds official records of any disability benefit of which people are in receipt.|
• The list is definitive and exhaustive, since it is the means by which payments are regulated.
• Since the purpose of this list is to control financial payments to citizens, it is believed to be accurate and complete.
• Records are identifiable by name, date of birth and address, allowing reliable record linkage.
• Details include class of disability and date of registration.
• These data can be compared with the questionnaire item on disability registration.
|The City of Izhevsk Police database|
• This database holds all records of prison stays.|
• It is unaffected by bias, since there are no means by which a record can be avoided if a person has spent time in prison.
• Again, records are identifiable by name, date of birth and address, allowing reliable record linkage.
• Presence/absence of a record can be compared with the questionnaire item regarding whether the index has ever spent time in any prison.