|Theoretical constructs||Behavior change strategies||Practical application||Outcome measures|
|Attitudes/Knowledge||Educational content||- Identify potency, present legal facts via flip cards, quizzlets, videos, etc.||
- Substance-specific knowledge (4 items)|
- Do you ever feel bad about your alcohol or drug use?
|Perceived susceptibility||Correct risk perceptions||
- Define what constitutes risky substance use.|
- Present health risks of substance misuse and dependency risk via flip cards, quizzlets, videos, etc.
|- What level of risk do you think people have of harming themselves physically or in other ways when they [use a substance]? (6 items)|
|Subjective norms||Normative re-education||
- Guess percentage of peer use on campus; show actual vs. perceived use via pie charts.|
- Inform how college substance use is less frequent than perceived.
|- In the last 30 days, what percent of students do you think used [substance]? (14 items)|
|Self-efficacy||Refusal skills||- Examples of how to say “no” in a variety of scenarios.||- I would be able to say no if a friend offered me [substance]. (2 items)|
|Personalized feedback||- Self-assessment and individualized feedback.|
|Skills/knowledge for responsible use||- Responsible use checklist.|
- Identify healthy alternative activities and support (physical, mind-body, social).|
- Checklist of healthy study habits.
- Links to virtual and on-campus support resources.
|Goal setting||- Write SMART goal for healthy strategies|