|Type of Man||Definition|
|Resolute||N = 9 (dietary practices); N = 6 (physical activity); N = 3 (both)|
• Made changes to practices without any support from partner.
• Not dependent on partner but utilised her help to make dietary changes.
• Preferred not to be coactive or have her practical involvement in physical activity changes.
|Reliant||N = 7 (dietary practices); N = 0 (physical activity)|
• Dependent on partner for making changes.
• Partner involvement was presented as key to these men making changes to diet.
|Receptive||N = 0 (dietary practices); N = 10 (physical activity)|
• Receptive to partner involvement in their attempts to make changes, but not reliant on her support in order to do so.
|Non-responsive||N = 4 (both)|
• Did not make changes, either independently or by utilising practical or moral support provided by partners.
• Had intended to make changes on joining FFIT, but either did not do so or discontinued changes before the programme finished.