|CONSTRUCT||SCALE||ITEMS||DATA COLLECTION POINTS|
|Months Since Randomization|
|HIV Biomarkers||Data Abstraction from Study Sites||CD4, Viral Load; continuous variables||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Sociodemographics||Self-report: HRSA reporting measures ||Age, race, gender, date of first diagnosis (if known), income, HIV transmission risk behavior||✓|
|ART Adherence||Self-report: CASE Adherence Index ||
1. How often do you feel that you have difficulty taking your HIV medications on time?
2. On average, how many days PER WEEK would you say that you missed at least one dose of your HIV medications?
3. When was the last time you missed at least one dose of you HIV medications?
|Housing Status 1||Self-report: Wolitski, et al., 2010 ||One item: “Which best describes your current living situation?” (Stably Housed/Unstably House/Homeless)||✓||✓||✓|
|Housing Status 2||Self-report: Newly developed by team||“In the past 90 days, have you (a) Received an eviction notice or notice to vacate because your rent was not paid? (b) Had your utilities shutoff because your bill was not paid?”||✓||✓||✓|
|Self-Efficacy for Health Behaviors|
|Self-efficacy for adherence||Self-report: HIV-ASES, Johnson, 2007 ||12-item scale designed to assess self-efficacy for taking HIV medications||✓||✓||✓|
|Self-report of financial stress||Self-report: Financial measures from Background Stress Inventory ||
5 item scale: In the past month, how often did you feel distressed by the following?|
1. Finding the time to pay your bills by the due date.
2. Not being able to pay your bills.
3. Unexpected events requiring additional spending that exceed your budget (e.g. vehicle repair and urgent medical attention.)
4. Existing and/or growing debt.
5. Consequences of late payments (such as having utilities shut off.)
|Retention in Care|
|Retention in Care||Data Abstraction from Study Sites (HRSA HIV/AIDS Bureau Reporting Measure) ||
• Proportion of missed versus total scheduled visits|
• Verification of at least one primary care visit per quarter
• 2 kept visits separated by ≥90 days (dichotomous, ‘yes’ = retained)
|Health/Mental Health Quality of Life||Single Item General Health Measure (SF-12; DeSalvo, 2006) ||In general, would you say your health is: (Excellent, Very good, Good, Fair, Poor)||✓||✓||✓|
|Experiences of Payeeship (Intervention arms only)||Self-Report: Rosen et al., 2005 ||
17-item questionnaire with 4 subscales:|
• Satisfaction with payee/case manager
• Involvement of beneficiary in money management
• Perceived benefit from payee arrangement
• Feeling coerced
|Substance use||Risk Assessment Battery ||40-item scale assessing substance use and sexual risks||✓||✓||✓|
|Depressive Symptoms||Quick Inventory of Depressive Symptomology ||16-item scale; self-report of depressive symptoms||✓||✓||✓|
|Connections with providers||Health Care Relationship Trust Scale ||15-item scale assessing patient provider relationship; i.e., discussion options, committed to best care, interested in me as a person, excellent listener, accepts me, tells me complete truth, trusts me as an individual, makes me feel I am worthy of his/her time, takes time to listen, comfort talking about personal issues, feel better after seeing healthcare provider||✓||✓||✓|
|Exposure to Services||Data Abstraction from Study Sites||
Number of supportive services provided by Action Wellness/TOD during study period (where/how often):|
• Adherence support
• Housing support – financial assistance
• Housing support – place to stay Transportation support
• Medical case management
• Peer navigation
• Meetings with Medical Case Manager to discuss Representative Payee
|Social Support||MOS-SSS ||Five items from MOS-SSS that assess emotional, informational, and tangible functional forms of social support.||✓||✓||✓|
|Additional Variables for Economic Analysis|
|Wage level for clients||Data Abstraction from Study Sites||US Department of Labor website||✓||✓||✓|
|Time spent traveling to meet with MCM regarding CCRP||Self-report: Newly developed by team||How long does it take you to travel one- way to visit with your case manager?||✓||✓||✓|
|Transportation cost for participants||Self-report: Newly developed by team||How much does it cost you to travel one-way to visit with your case manager?||✓||✓||✓|
|Staff personnel costs||Data Abstraction from Study Sites||Accounting records and budgets||One-time – not participant specific|
|Materials and consumables||Data Abstraction from Study Sites||Accounting records and budgets||One-time – not participant specific|