|Introduction/Rapport Building||• How do you spend your time?|
• How do you identify in terms of gender?
• At what age did you begin to identify as [gender identity]?
|Resilience||• What are some of the things that help you deal with the stress that comes along with your gender identity?|
• What do you think are some of the positive things about being a person with your gender identity?
|Gender Affirmation||[After providing introduction to social, medical, and legal gender affirming changes]|
• What changes, if any, have you made?
• What have these changes been like for you?
|General Healthcare Experiences||• Tell me about some experiences you’ve had while trying to use or while using healthcare services in general.|
• Tell me about any barriers you have experienced while using healthcare services, or while trying to use healthcare services.
• Tell me about any facilitators or things that have helped you access healthcare services.
|Primary HIV Prevention||• Tell me a little bit about your experiences with HIV prevention programs and services.|
• What things made it harder or kept you from using HIV prevention services?
• What things helped you [would have helped you] use prevention HIV programs and services?
|HIV Testing||• Tell me a little bit about your experiences with HIV testing.|
• What things made it harder or kept you from getting tested?
• What things helped you or made it easier to get tested?
|HIV Test Results||• Tell me a little bit about your experiences receiving HIV test results.|
• What made it more difficult to receive your results?
• What things made it easier to receive your results?
|HIV Continuum of Carea||Participants were asked about experiences, barriers, and facilitators across each of the following Continuum stages: Linkage to HIV Care, Engagement in HIV Care, Retention in HIV Care, Initiation of ART, Adherence to ART, and Viral Suppression.|
|Program Recommendations||• What kinds of programs, activities, or events would you like to see for transgender and gender diverse youth, or specifically for young people who share your gender identity?|
• What recommendations do you have for providers who work with transgender and gender diverse youth?