• Any study deploying a web-based or mobile digital intervention with the aim of reducing harm from substance misuse.|
• Studies reporting substance misuse as a primary or secondary measure.
• Studies reporting a measure of the effectiveness of the intervention.
• Studies whose study population consists of students enrolled in third-level institutions (e.g. college or university).
• Studies whose definition of “substance misuse” includes any illicit drug, psychoactive drug, or misuse of prescription medication.
• Any study deploying a non-digital intervention only.|
• Studies reporting a non-third-level population (e.g. young adults, adolescents, secondary school students).
• Studies reporting interventions targeting only alcohol and/or tobacco.
• Non-English language studies