|Concepts of SCT||Intervention strategies|
|Reciprocal determinism: explore personal and environmental factors that can contribute to the change of cognition and behavior.||
-Investigate the maternal beliefs related to OW-OB|
-Etiology of obesity: genetic factors and environmental
-Present and future health effects of OW-OB
-Recognize signs indicating that a child is OW-OB
-Image perceived vs actual image
Self – efficacy: Increase Self-efficacy to manage child’s life style behaviors related to weight.|
Modeling - learning by observation
- Explore achievements that have been reached in management child’s life style behaviors related to weight and techniques which could be generalized as desired behaviors.|
- Ask the mother to comment an attempt which failed and explore individual and environmental factors that might have contributed in this attempt failed.
- Teaching strategies of calm moment and time out.
- Ask the mother that practice strategies and provide feedback
|Behavioral capacity: providing opportunities for the mother to master necessary skills||- Together, identify actions that can be performed to manage child’s life style behaviors related to weight.|
Reinforcement: Increase the expectations of outcomes’ behavior|
Reinforcing positive behaviors.
- Together, identify maternal feeding style and feeding practices of the participating mothers.|
- To identify factors of which contribute to the increase of child’s weight.
- Teaching the participating mother practices that contributes to a healthy child’s weight.