|State||Type of plan||Author||Year||Address hygiene||Address school closure||Address distance learning||Listed School Practices to Promote Social Distancing|
|AL ||Pandemic Influenza||AL Department of Education||2014||Yes||Yes||Yes||
1) Cancel all extra-curricular activities.|
2) Limit or discontinue all meetings, gatherings, field trips, extracurricular activities, etc., until county health department lifts pandemic conditions.
3) Limit or discontinue travel within the school district.
4) Suspend all transportation and work at the bus shop.
5) Limit or discontinue access to vendors and visitors from outside the school district.
|AK ||Infectious Disease||AK Department of Health and Social Services||2013||Yes||No||No||None listed|
|AZ ||Pandemic Influenza||AZ Department of Education||2009||Yes||Yes||Yes||1) Incorporate flexible work hours and schedules while also utilizing employee spacing techniques to reduce crowding and close proximity (e.g., staggered shifts, telecommuting, teleconference meetings, separate office spaces).|
|AR ||Pandemic Influenza||AR Department of Health||2014||Yes||Yes||No||1) Snow days: simultaneous closure of offices, schools, and other non-essential community activities for a specified period of time.|
|CA ||Pandemic Influenza||CA Department of Education||2014||Yes||Yes||Yes||
1) Alternate scheduling|
2) Before- and after- school programs closures
|CO ||Pandemic Influenza||CO Department of Public Health||2009||Yes||Yes||Yes||None listed|
|CT ||Clinical Procedure Guidelines for School Nurses||CT Department of Education||2012||Yes||Yes||Yes||None listed|
|DC ||General Emergency||DC Department of Education||2009||Yes||Yes||Yes||
1) Staggered school times|
2) Canceling sports events and other mass gatherings
3) Spacing students’ desks three feet apart in small pods or clusters.
4) Discouraging prolonged congregation in hallways, lunch rooms, etc.
5) Staggering bus routes so there are fewer people on each route.
6) Limiting group activities and interaction between classes.
7) Canceling gym class, choir, or other school activities that place individuals in close proximity.
|DE ||General Emergency||DE Department of Education||2010||Yes||Yes||No||None listed|
|GA ||Pandemic Influenza||GA Department of Education||2015||Yes||Yes||Yes||
1) Students’ desks be spaced three (3) feet apart|
2) Limit group activities and interaction between classes.
3) Cancel or modify gym class, choir or other school activities that place individuals in close proximity.
4) Gatherings of groups larger than normal class size should be cancelled and avoided (e.g. assemblies, recess).
5) Cancel all extra-curricular activities.
6) Prohibit congregation in hall ways and lunchrooms; if possible, serve box lunches in classrooms to avoid gathering of students in the cafeteria;
7) Stagger class changes to avoid large groups of students in the hallway
8) Stagger dismissal for the same reason;
9) Stagger bus routes to reduce the number of students on each bus.
|ID ||Pandemic Influenza||ID Department of Health and Welfare||2006||Yes||Yes||No||None listed|
|IL ||Pandemic Influenza||IL Department of Public Health||2006||Yes||Yes||Yes||None listed|
|IN ||Communicable Disease||IN Department of Health, Epidemiology Resource Center||2015||Yes||No||No||None listed|
|IA ||General Emergency||IA Department of Public Health & Iowa Department of Education||2012||No||No||No||None listed|
|LA ||Pandemic Influenza||LA Department of Health and Hospitals||2011||Yes||Yes||Yes||None listed|
|MD ||Communicable Disease||MD Department of Education; MD Department of Health and Mental Hygiene; MD State School Health Council||2002||Yes||No||No||None listed|
|MI ||Pandemic Influenza||MI Department of Community Health||2006||Yes||Yes||Yes||
1) Cancel extracurricular activities|
2) Modify work practices/schedules
|MS ||Pandemic Influenza||State of MS||2013||Yes||Yes||Yes||None listed|
|MO ||Communicable Disease||MO Department of Health and Senior Services||2011||Yes||Yes||No||None listed|
|MT ||Pandemic Influenza||MT Office of Public Instruction||2007||Yes||Yes||Yes||None listed|
|NE ||General Emergency||NE Department of Health and Human Services||2012||Yes||Yes||Yes||None listed|
|NH ||Pandemic Influenza||NH Department of Education, School Health consultant||2008||Yes||Yes||Yes||None listed|
|NJ ||Pandemic Influenza||NJ Department of Health||2015||Yes||Yes||No||None listed|
|NM ||Pandemic Influenza||NM Public Education Department and Department of Health||2007||Yes||Yes||Yes||None listed|
|NY ||Pandemic Influenza||NY Department of Health||2007||Yes||Yes||Yes||1) Cancel any non-academic events (in the case of school closure)|
|NC ||Pandemic Influenza||NC Department of Health and Human Services||UK||No||Yes||No||1) Reduced school activity calendar|
|OH ||Pandemic Influenza||OH Department of Education||2009||Yes||Yes||Yes||1) Cancel non-academic events|
|OK ||General Emergency||OK Department of Health||UK||Yes||Yes||Yes||1) Cancel non-academic events|
|OR ||Pandemic Influenza||OR Department of Education||2008||Yes||Yes||Yes||None listed|
|PA ||Pandemic Influenza||PA Department of Health||2009||Yes||Yes||No||None listed|
|TN ||Pandemic Influenza||TN Department of Education and Department of Health||2009||Yes||Yes||Yes||
1) Rotating teachers between classrooms while keeping the same group of students in one classroom|
2) Canceling classes that bring students together from multiple classrooms
3) Holding classes outdoors
4) Postponing class trips
5) Discouraging use of school buses and public transit
6) Dividing classes into smaller groups,
7) Moving desks farther apart, and
8) Moving classes to larger spaces to allow more space between students
|TX ||Infectious Disease||TX Association of School Boards||2014||Yes||Yes||Yes||1) Non-essential travel for sports, other competitions, or field trips may be cancelled by a district superintendent or designee.|
|UT ||Pandemic Influenza||UT Department of Health and Utah Office of Education||2006||Yes||Yes||No||
1) Spacing students’ desks three (3) feet apart, in small pods or clusters.|
2) Discourage prolonged congregation in hallways, lunchrooms, etc.
3) Staggered school times
4) Staggered bus routes, so fewer people are on each route
5) Limit group activities and interaction between classes
6) Cancelling gym classes, choir, or other activities that place individuals in close proximity.
|VT ||Pandemic Influenza||VVVT Agency of Human Services||2008||No||Yes||Yes||None listed|
|VA ||Pandemic Influenza||VA Department of Education||2008||Yes||Yes||Yes||
1) Move desks further apart|
2) Maintain space between people when walking in the hallways,
3) other strategies to decrease large numbers of students intermingling such as suspending programs held in the school auditorium, canceling sporting events, and eating lunch in the cafeteria.
4) Rotate teachers instead of students
5) Suspension of activities, including sporting events, arts performances, and classes as determined by the school division superintendent in consultation with the local health department director and community emergency response team.
6) Gatherings of groups larger than normal class size may be limited or suspended during the school day (e.g. assemblies, recess).
7) Bus transportation for students, on and off campus, may be consolidated or suspended. In some instances, staggered bus routes should be considered to decrease the number of students on each bus.
8) Students’ desks be spaced three (3) feet apart.
9) Discourage prolonged congregation in hall ways and lunch rooms.
10) Stagger school schedules
11) Limit group activities and interaction between classes.
12) Cancel gym class, choir or other school activities that place individuals in close proximity
13) Modify school hours/days of operation (i.e., students with last names A-J come to school Monday and Wednesday, students with last names K-Z come to school on Tuesday and Thursday)
14) Stagger school hours (split days or weeks)
|WA ||Infectious Disease||Office of Superintendent of Public Instruction||2014||Yes||Yes||No||None listed|
|WV ||Pandemic Influenza||WV Department of Education||UK||Yes||Yes||Yes||
1) Close non-essential agency functions;|
2) Increase telecommuting, flex scheduling and other options;
3) Cancel all public assemblies or after school activities.
|WI ||Pandemic Influenza||WI Department of Public Instruction||2009||Yes||Yes||Yes||None listed|