|Faith-Based Topic||Key Messages|
• Screening does not bypass predestination|
• Seeking good health is consistent with faith
• Treatment is also predestined and is there to be taken
• Screening is an opportunity to be taken
|The role of modesty||
• Modesty of the heart is as important as of the body|
• It is preferred to see a doctor of the same gender
• It is acceptable to see a doctor of the opposite gender
• It is more important to seek a doctor who has knowledge and confidence in the health need at hand, than a doctor of the same gender.
• In an emergency situation, it is important to first consider how to protect life, the concept of modesty remains but is secondary to protection of life.
|Cancer screening and treatment||
• Prevention of disease is a faithful and religious thing to do|
• Religion encourages care of the body along with the mind
• Prevention is better than cure
• Allah has entrusted you to care well for your life and body