From: Knowledge, attitudes and practices regarding HIV/AIDS among senior secondary school students in Fako Division, South West Region, Cameroon
Percentage with correct answer
Percentage reporting with wrong response (Misconceptions)
Knowledge on route of transmission
1. Can a person get HIV infection from mosquito bites?
2. Can a person get HIV infection by sharing a meal with someone who is infected?
Knowledge on prevention and control
3. Can the risk of HIV transmission be reduced by having sex with only one faithful uninfected partner?
4. Can a healthy-looking person have HIV infection?
5. Does condom use reduce risk of HIV transmission?
6. Can the risk of HIV transmission be reduced by abstaining from sexual intercourse?
7. Can an HIV-infected male be cured of HIV if he has sex with a young girl who is a virgin (a girl who has never had sex before)?
8. Is there a cure for HIV/AIDS?