|Class||Reason for HIV testing||Regulation|
- Health checkup: a comprehensive physical examination|
- Medical certificate: to apply for workplace permits, residence halls, licenses, officers, workers, welfare centers, detention centers and in shelters for women.
- Prenatal checkup
- Others: Employees of motels, restaurants, and beauty salons, etc.
(but medical certificate for a job or residence appeared to be by routine testing.).
HIV infection s|
- Referral by doctor: to take additional HIV tests when doctors suspect HIV infection at diagnosis|
- Voluntary test taker: to take HIV test as identified if suspicious.
|Voluntary testing (because doctors or themselves are suspicious about HIV infection).|
|HIV test recommended group (HIV TRG)||
- Tuberculosis patient
- Partner of HIV-infected individual
|Though routine test regulated by "Guideline for HIV/AIDS control.|
|Sexually transmitted infection risk group (STI risk group)||
- Commercial sex worker(CSW)
- Bar employee
- Tea-room employee
- Massage parlor
- Others: one of the above four categories, but not specified
|Mandatory testing except male, regular mandatory HIV tests are taken every six months by "Guideline for HIV/AIDS control" to prevent the spread of HIV to general population.|