Area of support
Initiatives in process
- Creation of the EIN Scientific Advisory Board (SAB) with multidisciplinary experts.
- Funding and establishing an evaluation framework for 3 EIN member programs.
- Taskforce on Global Evaluation Project.
- Tailored coaching in evaluation for EIN members.
- Taskforce on publications.
- Dissemination of the WHO’s appraisal tools to EIN member programs.
- Facilitating EIN SAB participation in international meetings on program evaluation.
- Development of a common evaluation and intervention taxonomy.
- Ongoing surveys of evaluation issues among EIN member programs.
- Capacity and capability workshops for member program coordinators.
- Leverage funding for evaluation activities.
- Travel and accommodation expenses covered for specific interventions/meetings.
- Monitoring of public and private opportunities for program funding.
- Tailored support provided to EIN member programs to identify funding partners and develop relationships with public officials.
- Establishment of a Public-Private Partnership (PPP) Taskforce to ensure full transparency and avoid conflict of interest issues.
- Create a common commitment charter for private partners to ensure full transparency and avoid conflict of interests.
- Ongoing surveys on PPP administered to EIN member programs to identify levers and challenges of partnerships.
Advocacy and Awareness
- A biannual Global Obesity Forum is held for member programs and other stakeholders.
- Regular meetings with politics/scientists/policy-makers and partners.
- Dissemination of scientific publications.
- Participation in national and international conferences (+30 per year) and collaboration with major obesity conferences (e.g., Pan American Conference on Obesity, American Nutrition Society Conference).
- Ongoing communications (website, twitter, YouTube, newsletters, flashnews, infographics, etc.).
- Organisation of "Kick-off meetings" for new programs.
- Specific methodological advice on request.
- Running capacity building workshops.
- Development of a comprehensive and user-friendly database.
- Organisation of Regional Obesity meetings (European, Latin American, and Asia-Pacific).