* Clients referred to community nursing services
* Age 30–80 years
* Able to read and understand English at a level that enables the client to participate in a telephone-administered survey and to understand the participant information sheet.
* Palliative care clients.
* Clients receiving only one- visit or occasion of service.
* Clients with significant cognitive impairment (unable to complete telephone-administered survey).
* Clients currently receiving help in changing their lifestyle from a health professional (other than their GP) such as a dietitian or exercise physiologist.
* Clients currently attending a chronic disease management program such as cardiac rehabilitation, diabetes education program.
* Clients who have attended the generalist community nursing service in the previous 6 months (and therefore may have already received lifestyle intervention).