Skip to main content

Table 4 Factors that influence contact probabilities within mixing groups

From: A systematic review to identify areas of enhancements of pandemic simulation models for operational use at provincial and local levels

Mixing group Factors that influence contact probabilities
  Imperial-Pitt (Ferguson, 2006) UW-LANL (Germann, 2007)
Household Contact probabilities are constant Contact probabilities vary with age
Neighborhood Mixing group is not considered Contact probabilities vary with age
Workplace 75% percent of all workplace contacts occur within a workgroup of close colleagues and the remaining 25% of contacts occur outside the workgroup. Contact probabilities in both cases are constant. Contact probabilities are constant
School (pre-school, elementary, middle, high, university) As in workplace Contact probabilities are constant
Community places, e.g., churches, banks, supermarkets, afterschool Contact probability between two members varies according to proximity Contact probabilities vary with age